EPIC Learning Centre empowers children to co-create ecological and inclusive communities.
- Children are valued and seen. Each individual child follows their own path with the respectful loving guidance of the community.
- Children develop an integrated connection to self.
- Children are active members of the community with agency and power.
- Children’s creative play is essential to learning and development.
- Children see beauty surrounding them. We affirm that this beauty is inherent to us all and is a source of our interconnectedness.
- Children fall deeply in love with the Earth, leading to a commitment to protect the natural world.
- Children are supported in communicating with one another respectfully. Conscious communication is seen as fundamental to the learning experience.
- The bonds between children and community are mutual and supportive.
- Self-awareness is cultivated and diversity is celebrated.
- Systems of privilege and oppression are actively challenged.
- We honour indigenous lands, cultures, relationships and ways of knowing. We seek to consciously incorporate this knowledge into our words, teachings and actions.
- We are all committed to our continual learning.
- Children are co-teachers.